The track is approximately 1050 meters in length with nine corners. The surface is tarmac. All of the corners are used for the direct drive classes, even on the rolling laps. The circuit is raced clockwise with five marshal points.
Competitors may park in the paddock area shown but MUST stay within the confines of the circuit (line surrounding track, paddock and facilities).
Clockwise, from the starting lights.
Now a misnomer as the Start/Finish line is situated after Raymond’s!
A descriptive name for this right – left – right – left section.
More a shallow curve, the name remembers the part played by RAF Llandow during the Second World War. The airfield was a ‘satellite’ to RAF St Athan, in fact connected by a green track. RAF Llandow hosted two and four engined aircraft as a maintenance unit and storage facility.
Named in honour of Sir John Surtees, the only man to have ever won the Formula One and World Bike Championships, was at Llandow in August 2005 and officially ‘opened’ the first bend into the newly completed extension to the track.
Another nationally known early supporter, MacWhirter Ltd., supplier of refrigeration and air conditioning products.
A reference to Llandow’s post wartime period. As a storage depot many hundreds of aircraft spent time in the fields around the runways. The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster PA 474 and ‘Just Jane’, NX 611 the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Lancaster were parked here before disposal. PA 474 had left by 1948 but NX 611 was here until 1952.
The third major company to support the Club and circuit from the beginning, Chandler KBS, advises on construction cost and project management.
Living up to the name, this fast section pays tribute to the pilots who trained on Spitfires at RAF Llandow. Many went on to fly during the Battle of Britain and several were lost during training and in battle.
The name seems to have nothing to do with the sometime home ground of Southampton FC! The name describes the location of this right / left turn and the line of trees that separate the current circuit from the public road and the site of the original Llandow kart track.
This corner was named in 2013 in memory of Richard Dowers. Richard was known by family, friends and the Karting community as ‘Diggers’. He made major contributions to the Club and SWKC over many years.
The fastest part of the track is on the line of one of RAF Llandow’s main runways. Several of the 1940s hangars can still be seen from the circuit. Also named after Hangar Straight at Silverstone, one of the most famous straights in motor sport.
Part way along the straight is part of an earlier layout. Formally known as the NGK Kink. Following the continuation of the straight the ‘kink’ was renamed a ‘chicane’. Not used in the regular race circuit it does form part of visiting series’ circuit. NGK Spark Plug Co. Ltd. was a long time supporter of the Club and circuit. The ‘kink’ was bypassed when the straight was extended and Raymond’s Hairpin was re-paved and re-profiled during the summer of 2006 before Llandow hosted the ABkC Internations.
This sharp hairpin recognises the early support and involvement by the nationally known John Raymond Transport Ltd. Jonathon Raymond was a multiple Welsh Karting Champion in the 1970s and 80s, and his son Richie raced at Llandow.
- Disabled access.
- Water point.
- Free Parking.
- Camping, with permission of SWKC.
- Security patrols on Race Weekends.
- Cafe, open most days and some Sundays.
- Changing facilities.
- Food & drink machines
- Advanced timing system.